Applications Engineer (Auburn Hills, MI)
Auburn Hills, Mi
SIGN ON BONUS
$65,000 - $95,000 (plus)
Act as the interface between Company technical staff and OEM Customers. Be an instant and effective connection between the OEM Customer and Company or our JV partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain product charts for current and future program information
- Determine the customer requirements for new products and report information to Company or our JV partners technical and commercial teams
- Monitor and aid in resolution of all program technical issues
- Facilitate meetings between the customer and Company or our JV partners
- Supply technical support for sales staff
- Seek out and report any potential business opportunities or problems to the appropriate Company or our JV partners
- Technical support for vehicle assembly plants for design issues
- Track and comply with agreed upon milestones for design released and prototype material requirement dates
- Track status of customer changes and communication of drawings
- Meet customer requirements with Company or our JV partners technology and negotiate specifications for products
- Develop system and product concepts with customer engineers to facilitate cost requests and design development by product engineers utilizing generic specifications as guidelines
- Request Budget monies and Build Directions for vehicle builds.
- Write, track, approve all Engineering Work Orders (engineering changes including financial impact) for Company or our JV partners’ products at OEM Customer. Work with Sales to maximize commercial recovery on EWO's.
- Issue TWO's to the Plant so the Supplier (Company or our JV partners) can ship non-PPAPd parts when necessary
- Ensure CAD data is transmitted, and data banked into the GM system
- Support launch issues, and attend Action Center meetings for review and approval of all Engineering changes
- Maintain both emails and voice mails at both customer and SSC locations
- Act as focal point and expert on product
- Attend all vehicle level PDTs and chain internal PDTs for assigned programs as required by customer
- Attend warranty reviews and aid in disposition of warranty return parts to Company or our JV partners for further follow-up.
- Assist in obtaining necessary PPAP approval forms (Appearance Approvals, GM3172, etc) which require input from customer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE :
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent internal and external working relationships and willing to travel to globally to Company or our JV partners or Plant Launch locations as needed.
- Knowledge of 5 Phase, 6S, etc helpful.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with integrating suppliers
- Experience with APQP documents, or willingness to learn
- Synergistic Product Lines:
Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs
PLEASE NOTE! If you want your resume to be viewed more quickly, please place the words "resume-power systems" (if you have power sliding door / lift gate experience) or "resume-mechanisms" (if you have general mechanism experience) or "resume-seats" (if you have seating experience, etc.) in your subject line.
keywords: Cargo Doors, Landing Gear, Power Lift Gate, Power Sliding Door, Door Modules, Closures, Seat adjuster, Window regulators, Complete Seats, Motors, Recliners, Latches, Transmission components, Locking cylinders, Forward Lighting, Instrument Panels, Structures, Adjustable Pedals, Convertible Systems, Parking brakes, Wipers, Mirrors, Chassis components, Engine components, Gear shift systems, Sunroofs, Columbus, Detroit, Troy, Auburn Hills, Ann Arbor, Plymouth, Denver, Colorado, Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Arizona, San Jose, San Diego, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, Atlanta, Savannah, Georgia, New York, Tennessee, Kentucky, New Mexico, San Antonio, Brownsville, McAllen, El Paso, Texas, Seattle, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Germany, Japan, German, Japanese, Spanish
© All web site or advertisement design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software are Copyright protected. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this Web site, including reproduction, modification, distribution of republication, without the prior written consent of is strictly prohibited.